|Doctor:||Nicholas Briggs Doctor|
|Writer:||Gary Russell (as Warren Martyn)|
|Previous Story:||Shadow World|
|Following Story:||The Mutant Phase|
The Doctor takes Greg, who is suffering Sargol withdrawal, to the Cal-Med One orbiting medical station. While Greg is cared for, the Doctor joins a party of officials from the Galactic Federation on their tour of Cal Two, a specialized institute for the criminally insane, located in a domed structure on the unlivable planet Cal Med One orbits. However, a new, twisted use for the asylum has been found, where pain is at the touch of a button, and you can create life with the power of your mind...
- Sargol was introduced in the previous story, Shadow World. Its negative effects would be a recurring theme throughout the series.
- This is Ria's first story. She is the third Audio Visuals companion.
The Doctor: Nicholas Briggs
Greg: Richard Marson
Doctor Kranten: Ann O'Neil
Chi'ian Rayden: Antony Dexter
Ria: Patricia Merrick
Anton Luther: Andrew Beech
Channon: Suzanne Barrett
Draconian Ambassador: Colin Brake
Kantrian Commissioner: Jason Haigh-Ellery
Director: Gary Russell
Written by: Gary Russell (as Warren Martyn)
Recorded by: Jim Mortimore
Edited by: Jim Mortimore
Music by: Jim Mortimore
Art Editor: Jim Mortimore
Producer: William Baggs
- A maenad is a woman who is beside herself with frenzy or excitement.
- This story was recorded after The Mutant Phase.
- Greg's lines were created using outtakes from Cloud of Fear and Shadow World because Richard Marson had left the team.
- The first version of the liner notes identifies Owen Parker as having provided the incidental music for this story. This was corrected to Jim Mortimore for the second version.
- The master recording for the original mix of this story was among those stolen from Audio Visuals.
- The remixed version makes a number of small changes and improvements. Some lines were cut and some new music (also provided by Jim Mortimore) added.
to be added